Creavo Medical Technologies is a global innovator in the development of advanced technology to enable healthcare professionals to accurately and rapidly detect medical conditions, supporting quick decision making to get patients into the correct pathway sooner.
When you join Creavo, you are becoming part of an innovative medical device company that is developing technology to revolutionise the way the healthcare industry manages patients with suspected heart-related problems when they enter emergency departments. The company was first formed to bring to market innovative technology developed by Professor Ben Varcoe, Chair of Quantum Information Science at Leeds University.
While the company is still in its infancy, Creavo has assembled an experienced management team, meaning you will have the excitement and agility that comes with working for a growing company combined with the expertise of an established organisation.
Creavo has headquarters in Coventry and a research facility based in the University of Leeds.
Creavo welcomes applications from candidates from a diverse range of backgrounds and will help you to build a rewarding career path.
Creavo Medical Technologies Limited (Creavo) is a dynamic and fast growing midlands based medical device company established to commercialize an innovative and disruptive medical imaging technology researched and developed at one of the top UK universities. A strong management team including one of the UKs leading researchers in Quantum Information. We have built a well-funded business to apply this technology to a real clinical need, bringing a real change to how patients are diagnosed in hospital Emergency Units.
Working closely across specialties the engineering team is tasked to bring innovative and creative solutions to translate the fundamental physics principles from leading edge university research to reliable and safe medical devices that make a real difference to patients’ lives. You would be working under strong leadership, with the research teams to bring a new technology to market.
All team members must demonstrate the highest professional and personal standards, be flexible and open minded and be willing to be stretched and challenged. Remuneration for the role will reflect this “best in class” attitude and skill set.
The Software Verification Engineer will lead aspects of safety critical software verification in accordance with internationally recognised and applicable standards. Software under test shall include a mixture of PC and embedded software, with its associated hardware.
The successful candidate shall adhere to the applicable medical regulatory and quality standards, for example IEC 62304 and company QMS.
- Drive the testing effort, within project constraints, while accounting for applicable standards, and established company processes
- Create requirements driven test plans, test suites, test cases and test environments (hardware and software)
- Work within the company’s Quality Management System
- Execute tests, as needed, and ensure that all test outcomes are fully documented
- Be fully engaged within an issue management lifecycle in a controlled environment
- Identify test resourcing requirements, tools and people, to compete all test activities
- Support, as required, other teams for development and characterisation activities
- Capable of verifying both PC based and real time embedded software
- Able to interact with QA and understand their requirements for software design and verification process documentation
Please note these tasks are summary examples and not necessarily a comprehensive list.
Key Knowledge & Personal Skills
- Expert knowledge and proven experience of safety critical software verification, ideally within a medical device environment, though other comparable environments will be considered: rail, automotive and aerospace for example
- Expert knowledge of test planning and test case creation for embedded systems, which will include use of software IDE and ability to use standard test equipment
- Expert knowledge of test planning and test case creation for PC based systems
- Ability to take ownership of all test activities and ensuring that they are completed to the required standards and timescales
- Expert knowledge of software development lifecycle within safety critical environments
- Working knowledge of the following types of software tools (examples identified): software version control (e.g. SVN / CVS), issue management (e.g. JIRA / Redmine / MKS / SpiraTeam), embedded software IDE (e.g. IAR / Keil / Eclipse) and document management processes.
- Must be able to work with only minimal supervision
- Must be comfortable working in a small flexible, multidisciplinary and dynamic team
- Must have a current and valid UK / European driving licence
- Willing to assist other team members (software or other disciplines)
- Able to work under time pressure and to deliver work to agreed time plans
- Able to travel domestically and internationally if required (such travel will be kept to an absolute minimum)
- Must have unrestricted right to work in the UK
- At least 5 years’ experience in verification
- Knowledge of embedded microcontrollers with specific regard to verification methods and techniques
- Experience of software verification adhering to European and US standards
- Understanding of final product build verification within a production environment
- Some knowledge of C language in embedded environment
- Some knowledge of C++ or C#
Some knowledge of Python language